Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott

Re: Hall of shame....

I looked at the second one, did a double take and then the penny dropped! Nice brickbond!

M

MTiler

Loving this subject, unbelieveable pics posted. Heres mine, with more to follow.
I did a job last year that a builder started and didnt finish, what he had done was crap. He started fixing large glass tiles but couldnt cut them with his grinder as they kept cracking! I fixed the glass tiles and the customer asked me to fix his mess. The floor was p****d and a tiny cut was left running into the hallway that was also supposed to be tiled. He'd left loads of cuts undone and a couple of wall tiles with corners missing!
Apparently he'd not had any complaints before, but the customer said he was a bully. Anyway she's suing him.

missyT

Attachments

• crap bathroom wall.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 100
  • crap bathroom wall2.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 93
  • crap Bathroom wall6.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 96
  • crap Bathroom wall 5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 94
  • crap Bathroom wall 7.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 100
  • crap kitchen floor.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 99
M

MTiler

Some stunning mosaic work!

The purple mosaic I re-did, as luckily the customer had enough left, but there were other mosaics in the house that had been done badly but they couldnt afford to get it replaced. Theyd taken the cheapest quote. The plumber called me in to do it as I knew him through another job and he said the bathroom had been reboarded square but for some reason the tilers spirit level mustve been telling them different, hence the gap!

The other pic was from my local chinese takeaway I couldnt believe the mess and took a sneeky pic!

missyT

Attachments

• crap purple mosaic.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 89
  • crap mosiac.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 91
B

Bolter

Blimey, and dabbed! Be that didnt take much pulling off

And on paint! lol

Had a site agent tell me "why are you scraping the paint from the bath area? The painters only did that the other day!"

I said "because you can't tile onto paint which Ive told you a thousand times. You want the adhesive to bond with the wall, not just stick to it"

And he replied "nah, this paint bonds to the wall. Ive never seen this paint just come off, tile onto it"

So I stuck one tile on the wall, waited an hour, went and got the site agent, and pinged the tile off, paint came clean off, all on the back of the adhesive. :lol: :mad2:

M

MTiler

Not sure if it was tubbed as It was a while ago, but it did come off very easily which was scary and he hadnt taken the paint off the wall.

missyT

S

Scott

Ok so here are my latest nightmare tiles! Ihave had to look at these daily for almost four years!

Thats right they are in my OWN family bathroom. God only knows who tiled it but love the way they started with the full tile without looking at the level of the wall. If you look closely you can see the colour of the suite too (Sun King for those that might remember)

I particlularly like the dot and dab on the ply bath panel. Hence they ell offwhen i took the panel out. Strangely though most of them left a small impression of the outline of Australia in the addy.

Attachments

• DSC01328 (900x1200).jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01326 (900x1200).jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC01325 (900x1200).jpg
    242 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01324 (900x1200).jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC01330 (900x1200).jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01331 (900x1200).jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 63
J

jamie B

I'll add to this motley collection with the job I went to today!
The people had a 'tiler' in to re-do the bathroom...recommended by their neighbours..they wanted me re-grout some 'loose' tiles..there literally was nothing holding the floor down, no overboarding straight onto ply with god knows what adhesive (looked like superflex..but was really gritty instead of rubbery) and they came up with my fingers only..the whole floor has to come up as do the walls (dot n dabbed with plasterboard blown in the shower cubicle) the mastic looked like an imbecile had done it..as did all the cuts.
I told them maybe their neighbours don't like them recommending someone who's work was like this!..enjoy!

Attachments

• 11052010292.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 57
  • 11052010291.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 11052010287.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 57
  • 11052010285.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 11052010284.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 65
R

Rav daniels

just done a job and some cowboy, had done the bathroom downsstairs 6 months ago, he was joiner but told her he did tiling aswell,

Attachments

• allstar 001.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 115
  • allstar 002.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 108
  • allstar 003.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 105

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks