Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Scott

Re: Hall of shame....

Being as we are in here and not public. This job was carried out by a tiling company. It was one of their own tilers and they did supply and fix as my customer had been let down by her suppliers when they sent the wrong tiles. I wont mention their name as that a bit unfair but there arent that many tile shops in our local area.

Im waiting for the ladies husband to come home over the weekend (if he can get a flight) nd see what he says, If they are happy with it i will say nothing. I have pulled out some tiles and they sent another tiler to replace them.

I hate this sort of situation but i cant afford the time to put it right as the problem falls on my shoulders as its my job. :oops:

M

mikebidd

Theres a guy goes down the chip shop thinks he's a tiler......

A cracker from my local chippy. I dont think this is his worst wall either :ban:

I like the way wall comes out off the photo at you lol

J

jamie B

Being as we are in here and not public. This job was carried out by a tiling company. It was one of their own tilers and they did supply and fix as my customer had been let down by her suppliers when they sent the wrong tiles. I wont mention their name as that a bit unfair but there arent that many tile shops in our local area.

Im waiting for the ladies husband to come home over the weekend (if he can get a flight) nd see what he says, If they are happy with it i will say nothing. I have pulled out some tiles and they sent another tiler to replace them.

I hate this sort of situation but i cant afford the time to put it right as the problem falls on my shoulders as its my job. :oops:

nothing worse than being the 'middle' man as it were..I've run a few sites where I've had to cough for several 'tilers' I've employed:thumbsdown: hope it pans out ok for you!:thumbsup:

S

Scott

nothing worse than being the 'middle' man as it were..I've run a few sites where I've had to cough for several 'tilers' I've employed:thumbsdown: hope it pans out ok for you!:thumbsup:

Thanks Jamie, all this as i wanted to take a step back and get more time at home with the kids and build our extension!

M

mart08

A few pics from a job end of last year. Customer rang me and asked if i would come round and take a look as she was not happy with the work that the tiler was doing, he had not finished the job and had already been paid :yikes:. She was in tears while i was there and just wanted to take a hammer to it.

couple of the pics are after i'd taken tiles off and sink removed!:thumbsdown:

Attachments

• IMG_6228.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 91
  • Photo0358.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 92
  • Photo0366.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Photo0396.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6243.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 87
M

mart08

couple more i found!

Attachments

• IMG_6229.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 75
  • Photo0364.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 70
M

mart08

He'd added the white tiles to bring it out to the same level as the shower area! The addy on the whites were still wet even after a month:yikes:

R

richie b

:yikes::yikes:shocking, so was around the bath etc tiled with white tiles and he slaped up some more to bring it out to same level insted of taking them off, is what it looks like i might b wrong, in the last pic are tiles on right hand side grouted,

M

mart08

The customer had saved up and got an extra loan for the job to be done, only to faced with that mess:thumbsdown: He had told her so much c**p that i was gob smacked, the list is endless and i would be here all night!!

ok here are a couple,

cutting the heads off the screws and siliconing them into the toilet fixing holes is 'a trick of the trade' :yikes:

the brown chipped floor tiles can be touched up with a felt tip pen:yikes:

J

jamie B

A few pics from a job end of last year. Customer rang me and asked if i would come round and take a look as she was not happy with the work that the tiler was doing, he had not finished the job and had already been paid :yikes:. She was in tears while i was there and just wanted to take a hammer to it.

couple of the pics are after i'd taken tiles off and sink removed!:thumbsdown:

I looked at the pics and saw the second one first...I didn't think it looked that bad...till I saw the rest!...think I need :smart:

Reply to Tilers Forums Hall of Shame.... in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks