Discuss Tile Wet Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

average

TF
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend me a decent tile cutter for around 150£. I have 2 large sigmas but need a new wet saw. I'm currently using a small plasplug cutter which has done me well but now the bracket that's right behind the wheel just won't stay in place and when I'm cutting tiles, it's now getting in the way and messing my cuts up. To be fair, it's been a decent cutter but I'm hoping there's something better out there now, seeing as I bought it 10 years ago! Even better if it comes in a 110v version. Any suggestions?

W

White Room

I use a Vitrex 560 and just replaced a worn out blade for it which cuts porcelain for £25, great cutter....

average

TF
Reaction score
I use a Vitrex 560 and just replaced a worn out blade for it which cuts porcelain for £25, great cutter....

What's the pros and cons of this model and isn't there a larger one. Think I seen a 750 on the net thou there was a bad review on YouTube about that particular model. Looks dodgy to me

W

White Room

I found them good cheaper cutters, I do have better ones but for the money there good value....bad review probably written by an another company.
If you buy one and theres problems take it back and replace.

O

Old Mod

At the end of the day it's not really all about the cutter.
It's about the blade u have fitted.
A cheap machine with a high quality blade will do a good job in most situations.

U

Unused Account 1

Worth buy a quality saw ,over long term ive had my nd200 ten years its cut stone porcelain anything ,just use quality blades and theres no pressure on the engine ,the blades doing the work ,i always used marcrist blades but lots more choice now

kevsalt

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
the norton tt 200 is good little saw bout 160 i think put a ats porc blade in ..little cracker

J

Just Rizzle

Makita cordless angle grinder with a Marcrist 850 blade. Much more useful.
exactly what I use cant remember the last time I used a wet cutter with my dust extractor cleaner and easier and don't get covered in spray as if you've p.....d your self

P

p4ulo

I've had a Vitrex 750 pro for years, excellent cutter, no limit to tile size able to cut, its all down to the blade, I've been lucky with some cheapo ones, however you only hear good things about the ATS blades, that's what I'll be getting when I need to change it!

Reply to Tile Wet Cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks