Discuss Tile expansion joint - small bathroom and boarded in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
So my fears are valid. Jesus. Exact reason I was going to do myself in first place, more cowboy tradesmen than good ones these days.

I'm guessing there is nothing I can do. I don't have a contract that specifies how the adhesive was to be applied. Are these likely to fall off in 5-10yrs?
You 100% have a right to have the adhesive applied correctly… you’re paying for a service and the “tiler” isn’t doing it properly..
This is why I get annoyed with these cowboys thinking it’s ok to dot n Dab and then move on…
Tell him you want the tiles removing and doing properly at a cost to him.. tiles should have full coverage and be back buttered..
Expansion joints are required either on a 10 linear meter run or 100m2 area, every door threshold needs one and anywhere there is an area plane change (corners, floor to wall, timber to concrete etc)
Get the job done right by demanding he does it right

Reply to Tile expansion joint - small bathroom and boarded in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks