Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2009 - Floor And Wall Tile Adhesive Poll - What's Best? in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Which Tile Adhesive Did You Use Most During 2009?
Please vote on the Poll. All answers can be seen by the members.

If you used a brand not showing then please respond with the make.

I'm talking about both cement-based and dispersion. And I'm asking which brand in general did you use the most? It might be due to trust, availability, customer preference, whatever. Just if you totted up the lot you used, which one did you use and buy the most of?

This is for 2009 only

ALL TILE ADHESIVE POLLS - WHICH TILE ADHESIVE BRAND DO YOU USE THE MOST?

ADDED: If you work for any of the adhesive companies please refrain from voting. I've reduced the Mapie vote count by 3 to make it fair. We don't allow any staff from the firms to vote as we can't allow all firms on the forums due to the sponsorship system. Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:
G

Gazzer

Overall it would be Biscem but Weber and Mapei not far behind, This is due to availabilty of Biscem over Mapei.
I have tried to get my local dealer to get Mapei but its a no go.

Upvote 0

chris.tiling

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Mostly Toppfix which is palace, with Mapei a close second...however, with the new Tile Giant TF sponsorship all white addy will be Mapei. Still cant get the grey cheaper than Topps though unfortunately. Only used powdered gear too.

Upvote 0
OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
So far it's looking like the BAL share of the market has somewhat descreased, and Mapei's somewhat increased. Though BAL have 1 vote more than Mapei, but it's too early to give true figures yet. Good news for Mapei it seems.

Maybe due to people going from bal to mapei which appears to be largely based around the expense of BAL and the quality of Mapei shining through?

Upvote 0
S

Spud

no one using kera koll then, i used the marmorex white rapid the other day seemed pretty good ,pretty shocking that the ardex score is so low it was all i used to use back in the early 90's it is good gear too

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
F

Fekin

Palace for me, well that cheapo muck Topps sells as their own.

Tight assed customers being the main reason, though, Bal probably isn't that far behind thinking about it.

Upvote 0
N

nudge

some very interesting reading comparisons to be made between the gear used in the U.K. & Oz.
Ardex/BAL/Dunlop there are Ardex/ABA/dunlop here - & sounds like they're having same problems.
we also have Mapei - PCI & Laticrete as international brands (kera koll came & went)with local presence but only Mapei seriously manufacture. We also have a doz. other local Co.s of varying sizes & market share. it is curious that we can all be doing the same trade & yet doing it so differently.
might make an interesting long term topic itself ??

Upvote 0
B

bigregrout

i see a lot of people hear tell that mapei is great and not expensive. this is good.

bal far to expesnive and not worth all the money extra. it like they think of number and times by 100.

i have pci and sometime weber here onsite. boss buy in on wooden square, a lot of bags. very good and boss tell me it cheap. i like pci much. nice consitency and easy to work

Upvote 0
A

Aston

mapei 1st by a long way
then weber

once i find something that works and the price is good i tend to stick with it now.
but to be fair it was tilegiants prices that caused the this shift .

Upvote 0

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2009 - Floor And Wall Tile Adhesive Poll - What's Best? in the Tile Adhesive area at TilersForums.com