Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

S

simbur

Hi all
No mate just checked the price list this Tile depot gave me
weber fix 15kg £4 exc vat per tub
weber s.p rapidset £11.34 per 20kg bag
weber.set rapid grey £6.00 per 20kg bag
there is loads of stuff on this list and if you order 800kg of weber stuff they will deliver free of charge, im using the wall gobbo tomorrow so will test it

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SquareEyes

Started out using Mapei, but moved away from local supplier and started using Ardex and found that its much better to work with. Seems to give a higher grip that most.

Never used Bal purely cos its so damn expensive - its £40 a bag around here where i can get Ardex for £13!!!

B

bluevin123

I tend to use Toppfix waterproof or the other one,get one for £6 the waterproof £12,they seem ok,would like to try the Bal though,see if it worth paying the extra.
Vinnie

robbbin

TF
Reaction score
Always granfix flexi for me on timber floors never a problem, and the supa grip for walls good grab hold up 35* 25 without spacers

S

simbur

:thumbsup: Used the Weber fix plus was excellent 20x40 tiles held no worries and spread well didnt end up with most of it in the bath as i normally find,

P

pursedog

Re: Poll: What adhesive brand do you trust most?

working a lot on site. what do you guys think of travis perkins adhessive? i actually find it ok...does that make me a **** tiler?!!!!!:whatchutalkingabout

B

bootsmckiber

I use mapei ultraflex2 for most of my jobs,I use there grout to,never had problems,never heard of Bal product,sounds popular over there,
Mike

J

jocky102

Re: Poll: What adhesive brand do you trust most?

Bal is the best available round here for me. I would love to give some of these others a go though.

I use PCI brands, i have worked in Germany from 1994 until 2004 when i decided to come back from Gemany and set myself up, now when i got back BAL seemed the way to go (basically because i couldnt find anywhere to buy the PCI) i have used many brands since 2004 but found BAL to be the best from what i had avaliable, to tell you the truth i became a bit of a BAL brand snob, i only use the GRIP, and only used flexible floor adhesives, natural stone white (when grouting white or grey when grey grout) recently i found a shop that supplies PCI and im over the friggin moon, PCI is german made but is very cheap in comparison to BAL products, ok the tanking system is more expensive i think but better, the adhesives alone ( i only ever used BAL GRIP) but the black lid sontex acrylic adhesive was just as quick grabbing and dries fast BUT....

BAL GRIP (trade) £18ish
acrylic sontex £ 9ish

its prices like that (BUT by no means lacking in performance) that makes it worth while to try.

no i dont work for pci i just know what they are like, im sorry i didnt like mapei, wouldnt use any b&q brand ie dunlop etc, dont think much of granfix either.

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen