Search the forum,

Discuss Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com.

D

DHTiling

Yes Jason, but this isn't the place to ask, this is an adhesive poll thread. Go to the home page and click the pricing forum....Gaz

the pricing forum is a sub-forum to the tilers arms.. you need access to the arms to post in the pricing forum...:thumbsup:..

Any questions just post them in the tiling forum until you have access to the arms...

J

Jason35

the pricing forum is a sub-forum to the tilers arms.. you need access to the arms to post in the pricing forum...:thumbsup:..

Any questions just post them in the tiling forum until you have access to the arms...
Dave i tried to get into the pricing forum but couldnt get access
just want to find out how to price jobs as i am just starting out and want to know how to price jobs before i start quoting people! thanks :huh2:

D

DHTiling

Dave i tried to get into the pricing forum but couldnt get access
just want to find out how to price jobs as i am just starting out and want to know how to price jobs before i start quoting people! thanks :huh2:

like i said you need access to the tilers arms to get access to the pricing forum........

pm me or Dan your company details etc.... just to make sure you are indeed a tiler etc etc.....then we can let you in......

A listing with findtrustedtradesman or yellow pages or summit will do....and we do check the details sometimes.....:thumbsup:

A

Alberta Stone

Mapei is a nice little Canadian company.
I have used their products for 20 odd years and haven't had a single issue arise from the product.
Spec it properly, mix it right and it will perform.

I have also used custom building products gear and it stands up well and is priced right.
Custom Building Products :: Professional Contractors :: VersaBond Flex(R)

Flextile makes a good product, but I am not too keen on their grouts.
Their admix for exterior makes it impossible to clean a bucket which you might have missed washing.
broken link removed

TEC has a good range of products.
Tile Adhesives for Commercial Tile Installations | Tecspecialty.com - http://www.tecspecialty.com/

Laticrete is my current favorite up with Mapei.
[DLMURL="http://www.laticrete.com/Contractors/tabid/58/Default.aspx"]LATICRETE® International > Contractors[/DLMURL]

I can get all of these in Alberta and they are all very competitive in their pricing.
Some of their specialty products are pricey, but I pass that on to the customer as I am not keen on subsidizing anybodies tile project.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pt44

Mapei is a nice little Canadian company.

Founded in 1937 in Milan, Mapei is the world's largest manufacturer of adhesives for the construction industry

quote from [DLMURL="http://www.mapei.co.uk/"]MAPEI[/DLMURL]
:yes:

he's right ya know - it seems their Italian!

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pt44

I've been using Weber Howtex mostly. Because its what my tile shop recommends. Mostly using powdered stuff, so far very happy with it. Only problems I've encountered are the rapid set spf going off a bit too rapid for my slow noobie hands. Though its still good. Liked the Thick bed very much, as its a bit slower setting and can cope with building up uneven floor surfaces really well. Used it on my own floor at home inside and out, building up some areas by as much as 25mm. Worked a treat.

Have also used Ardex for a shower - my own - which was excellent but very expensive. I don't think I was getting any trade discount at the time though. The howtex is around £17 a bag which I think is really good for fully waterproof, flexible etc.

I've used BAL white star, which was great. But I don't think its waterproof (doesn't say so on the tin) so I don't have much call to use it.

As most of my work is wet room based and nearly always included u/f heating. I need fully flexible + waterproof stuff.

Paul

A

Alberta Stone

well god damn, who knew?!
I had heard people saying it was based in Montreal and I never did research it.
Just took the scuttlebutt as fact.
I like their products though.
The HPG waterproofing is a nice fairly recent addition which I use in areas which I think will get moisture (under the dishwasher, around toilet flanges, beside tubs and showers, in front of doors)
You can scoop it out with a trowel and roll it with a small roller to even it out.

P

Paul

This site is invalueable im learning all the time, but a mountain of knowledge still to pick up

cheers lads !!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reply to Tile Adhesive Poll 2007 - Best Tile Adhesive For Floors And Walls? in the Tile Retail | Wholesale | Import / Export Tile area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen