Search the forum,

Discuss Strange shadow that looked like damp but isn,t in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, I recently had a new shower installed with a gloss glazed porcelain tile which subsequently developed a dark band of shadow along the bottom at the back is if it were damp behind. We removed the silicone and let it return to the normal colour and resealed. The shadow has returned so we removed the tiles but the stud wall is completely dry and no leak - any thoughts before I have it retiled??? Thank you

Reaction score
There are more causes, the dark band on your shower tile could be caused by moisture behind the tiles, poor installation, low-quality tiles, or chemical reaction.

Try using high-quality tiles and grout, have the tiles installed properly by a qualified professional, and use a good quality silicone sealant around the edges of the shower pan.

I hope this is helpful.

Reply to Strange shadow that looked like damp but isn,t in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Hi, I have a small en-suite 1200 x 2400, with a 1200 x 900mm linear drain tray which will have...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen