Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Split face tiles with glue showing through? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi all I am thinking of getting a Mediawall built with split face tiles on each side. Very similar to this photo without the cill at the bottom.
118765399_4327329903975387_1566722435185008645_o-700x875.jpg

My question is I have looked online and found these on sale

Screenshot_20210120_123136_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have also been to my local tile shop and managed to get a sample and they're willing to match the offer for the ones online it for £38.5 m2 down from their price of £40 m2

The problem I have after taking the sample home and inspecting. The spitface tile has a bit of glue showing through in certain places. Is that meant to happen?

I would rather buy them from my local business than online but I don't want tiles with faults on them also I don't want to come across like a fussy customer.

Also is this a decent price or should I shop around more?

Any help much appreciated.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all I am thinking of getting a Mediawall built with split face tiles on each side. Very similar to this photo without the cill at the bottom. View attachment 113925

My question is I have looked online and found these on sale

View attachment 113926

I have also been to my local tile shop and managed to get a sample and they're willing to match the offer for the ones online it for £38.5 m2 down from their price of £40 m2

The problem I have after taking the sample home and inspecting. The spitface tile has a bit of glue showing through in certain places. Is that meant to happen?

I would rather buy them from my local business than online but I don't want tiles with faults on them also I don't want to come across like a fussy customer.

Also is this a decent price or should I shop around more?

Any help much appreciated.
Yes it’s very common but not every piece. Trim glue with a Stanley knife.

Reply to Split face tiles with glue showing through? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mcgtech
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks