Search the forum,

Discuss Split face tiles with glue showing through? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi all I am thinking of getting a Mediawall built with split face tiles on each side. Very similar to this photo without the cill at the bottom.
118765399_4327329903975387_1566722435185008645_o-700x875.jpg

My question is I have looked online and found these on sale

Screenshot_20210120_123136_com.android.chrome.jpg

I have also been to my local tile shop and managed to get a sample and they're willing to match the offer for the ones online it for £38.5 m2 down from their price of £40 m2

The problem I have after taking the sample home and inspecting. The spitface tile has a bit of glue showing through in certain places. Is that meant to happen?

I would rather buy them from my local business than online but I don't want tiles with faults on them also I don't want to come across like a fussy customer.

Also is this a decent price or should I shop around more?

Any help much appreciated.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi all I am thinking of getting a Mediawall built with split face tiles on each side. Very similar to this photo without the cill at the bottom. View attachment 113925

My question is I have looked online and found these on sale

View attachment 113926

I have also been to my local tile shop and managed to get a sample and they're willing to match the offer for the ones online it for £38.5 m2 down from their price of £40 m2

The problem I have after taking the sample home and inspecting. The spitface tile has a bit of glue showing through in certain places. Is that meant to happen?

I would rather buy them from my local business than online but I don't want tiles with faults on them also I don't want to come across like a fussy customer.

Also is this a decent price or should I shop around more?

Any help much appreciated.
Yes it’s very common but not every piece. Trim glue with a Stanley knife.

Reply to Split face tiles with glue showing through? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen