Search the forum,

Discuss Small Floor Job Issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

F

Flintstone

I've been to look at a kitchen floor today, 7m, due to an issue with levels the floor has been batternd out and over boarded with chipboard, as it stands it's a disaster, he's layed Ufh on it and slc straight onto the chipboard, no primer, loads of duct tape on the wires, there's creaking. you get the idea!
Anyway, he's taking all the wires up back to the chipboard, gonna screw it every 300 into the batons, then he wants it tiling properly. what's your thoughts on the best way to make it good to tile with Ufh

H

hmtiling

What's under the battens? Has he packed them up to fix the chipboard level?
I'd want back down to whatever the floor is. If timber made good. Then,10mn marmox, ufh, slc, tile.

F

Flintstone

The bloke who's house it is didn't do the job, he's not sure if the Batons were packed. I think it's a concrete floor under it as it's an extension.

H

hmtiling

Why would anyone fix timber to concrete to tile on? The mind boggles
So, rip all out, slc, marmox, ufh, slc, tile or walk. They would be my options

F

Flintstone

I know what your saying, just trying to asses weather it canb be safely tiled. What about securing the batons to the solid floor below.

J

Just Rizzle

7mtrs its not worth the hastle are you taking a rod to your own back .id walk away

Reply to Small Floor Job Issue in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen