Discuss slc, shower tray former, ufh. How do you do it? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dougs Third Go

Just wondering how we all get over this. Wetroom floor with flush shower former, electric underfloor heating throughout. Do you stop the slc at the start of the former and then freehand the envelope cuts down to the gully or do you do it another way?

I

Ian

Exactly as you say Doug, SLC up to the former (use draught excluder as a barrier), then use rapid set to cover the wires in the former, I use an old grout float to do this so as not to snag the cables.

S

Stef

I was going to ask this same question a while back.
I've never came across this yet but wasn't sure how to get the ufh in the shower former covered.
Cheers Bri n Doug.

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I try and talk customers out of having underfloor in shower trays. It can dry soapy water and stain if not cleaned very well every time it is used. Also if put oo near the waste it can dry the trap out.
as a compromise if its loose wire type, space the cable wider and kep away from the waste.

If you have to fit it though. like above, dam off the shower area snd self level floor. Then rapid set over the tray to protect he wires.

O

One Day

Like this:
45875443.jpg
Then adhesive (in this case FastFlex) direct to tray and cables.

T

TJ Smiler

I dam of my tray area with batons stuck down with decorators caulkas it never dries but does stick then SLC upto the edge of the tray and then use RSF in the tray.

Draft excluder.... never thought of that, cheers Bri

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
I've given up with it and convince the customers to go for ditra heat e. no slc, massively quick install. done two now.

O

One Day

I've given up with it and convince the customers to go for ditra heat e. no slc, massively quick install. done two now.

I've got my 1st in a couple of weeks - 31sqm of which I'm heating 25sqm.
Looking forward to it!

T

TJ Smiler

i keep meaning to try this out, it does look the nuts. Is it pricey to fit into your quotes?

cam_low

TF
Reaction score
yes it is very pricey but the customers I sell it to have enough and once they hear its the latest in german technology, they are putty in ones hand...as they take a glancing looking at their 14 plate rs6 or q7 !

M

m3fitter

yes it is very pricey but the customers I sell it to have enough and once they hear its the latest in german technology, they are putty in ones hand...as they take a glancing looking at their 14 plate rs6 or q7 !

Ditra heat ?? tell me more, I like schluter products,,, pls explain, looked at schluter site, the cables look widely spaced ?? is it just the decoupling / spacing membrane, or do they supply loose wire aswell ??

Andy Tiler

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ditra heat ?? tell me more, I like schluter products,,, pls explain, looked at schluter site, the cables look widely spaced ?? is it just the decoupling / spacing membrane, or do they supply loose wire aswell ??
I'm sure schluter will run a quick course for you?
give them a call!

Reply to slc, shower tray former, ufh. How do you do it? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks