Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss self levelling price in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

ryanbrown

Just wondering how much to charge for self levelling 5 square metres of floor (shared between a small toilet room and hallway) to bring it up level with kitchen floor. And how muchthe materials would be.
thanks again

T

tiler burden

whats the depth of the screed mate?

does it need to be flexible (latex mix)

if its just a level of upto 5mm, then its really easy. mix, pour and go...dont over trowel. mix in a gorilla tub , pull the handles together to create a spout and pour from one corner to the other, very lighter glide your trowel over.

if in future you level larger areas, then go and buy a 22in or 33in notched levelling rake from www.refina.co.uk excellent and less hassle...

its only a 1 hour job, so i would charge £50 plus mats and do it either on the way to a job or on the way home, that way you'll get your normal day rate and £50 ontop. should put you in the 200 a day bracket then mate ;0)

R

ryanbrown

thanks for that, im going to ask to go back and measure up the levels i think to make sure.
The problem with the floor is just outside the kitchen in the hallway it veers down a fair bit over a period of about 10".
Im thinking i might present 2 options - 1 including self levelling and tiling.
and another option where this slope is tiled as is but with smaller tiles instead.

Reply to self levelling price in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
laattaana
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks