Search the forum,

Discuss Sealer In An Aerosol. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StevieBoy

Does anyone on here have any experience of using those sealers you can buy in an aerosol can?

Do they actually work like sealer does out of a can that's brushed or rollered on?

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Yep used a grout sealer in spray form before. The water just beads straight off it.

S

StevieBoy

So if you were applying it to a grout where there are ceramics, would the excess need to be wiped off the tiles?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I can't remember the name of it, but we used to have a sponsor who did it a few years back and a fair few people rated it. Wasn't for all tile types, but it was a good sealer apparently.

T

Tile Shop

There's two that I'm familiar with. LTP Grout and Tile Protector and the other is Sealguard.

The LTP can be sprayed on when grout 20-30 minutes after applying. Both need buffing. Sealguard rep told me his didn't and that it just evaporated from the surface. I tested it. He lied! But, both work brilliantly.

Personally I'd go for LTP, but that's just my opinion.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah LTP all day long.

But Sealguard that was it. Nice bloke the seller of that was I forget his name. I still owe him a meal.

K

Kia tiling

Definitely wear a mask! I hadn't bothered before as I had just done floors with it previously. When I sealed an ensuite walls without I spent a week in bed! If you google it it says May result in respiratory problems and in some cases death!

Reply to Sealer In An Aerosol. in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi All - I am searching for Todagres Aral Beige Pulido tile (large format - 32"x32"/ 120cm x...
Replies
Views
Landsteph
L
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen