Search the forum,

Discuss Sandstone floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

diamondtiling

Hi guys and girls.

I have a sandstone floor to quote for, 40 mtrs in total in a sub basement,
tiles are 25mm thick +/- 2mm so a little bit of variation. Sizes are 1000x600 and 550x750, there is a manhole that needs doing as well. Its on a 65mm sand/cement screed which is over ufh laid in the concrete floor, all heat testing done. I am supplying the materials so what would you charge?, its ages since I did any sandstone, the last one was very brittle. I have a price of £40 per mtr in mind plus materials, because of a bit of building up I will put in 13 bags. He is leaving the pattern to me but only has a 10% waste allowance built in. I am putting this up to double check my figures, I am sometimes told I am too expensive but my excuse is I have 4 girls in my life with expensive lifestyles (missus, kids and granddaughter) :lol:

Cheers mateys.

PS; its in London so I will be away.

D

diamondtiling

Come on fellas there are a few professional online right now, what do you think of my price?
I want to email my customer before 2.30

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

E

enduro

I would want a photo of the area, plus access etc? if you haven't seen the job, all wet cuts so can you set your cutter up close by, plus these will probably be very porous, could take a while to seal. So specify your price is for only two cuts and additional coats will be extra. £40sqm sounds a fair price if anybody wants to do it cheaper let them. :thumbsup:

P

Perry

depends what it is would think about £40 including materials i find its mostly fossil stone which is easer than slate

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
£40 m2 sounds very reasonable, as others have said though, don't forget your X's and travel, sounds trivial but it will all count against your profit. I would build something into the quote about level of the floor etc, if you haven't seen the job already.

In case you haven't seen the site. Daltile have some excellent tile patterns, 1 tile up over. Good luck :thumbsup:

LINK

D

diamondtiling

He reckons I am above the mid range a little, I don't really want to go lower than £40, its a lot of cutting. At least he is still asking questions though. What is the name of that adhesive for green (ish) screeds? 65 mm screed, sand/cement/fibre laid on 20th November.

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Not sure on the price but following some questions via PM here is my 2pence halfpenny worth....You should not tile unless the heating has been commissioned and run even with a green screed addy. 40 square meters meets the BS but in my opinion it is too big to be safe. All one heating zone helps with this though cos there will be no differential expansion and contraction. If the 40m2 proves too big any defficiencies will probably become apparent when the heating is switched on and run. The curing helps to gain early strength and to prevent shrinkage cracking so this too will become apparent as will any issues with lack of compaction. I assume the surface is not dusty which would indicate dessication (premature drying) If any cracks do appear I would be inclined to consider very carefully uncoupling. I know it is more costly but it becomes a much more fail safe option where the screed is not perfect.

Reply to Sandstone floor in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen