Search the forum,

Discuss rubi batten holder or tiletracker in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Handyeire

Ok, here's a bathroom I finished last week, did I do the floor first or the walls first? [emoji2]
c7a8c6410533a2051a9a3071cab2eda2.jpg
30893fea8a9bf5cd6955601b8a75fd74.jpg
dfb18d3d2103dfc622b07970dafa3397.jpg

I cant tell but did you silicone where floor meets wall and around base of toilet?

K

kimboslash

Tile walls first, unless you need to line up all joints for both walls and floor tiles then i usually do the floor first.

D

Dougs Third Go

going back to start of thread and Timeless John's post, how I read it was the bottom row are cut, packed up from the floor to slide the floor tile under​, this is something I do regularly, you've got your datum line in place flip the tile on its back lower it down onto the packers, mark, cut and stick, simple really.

S

Spare Tool

As long as your first wall tile starts at the highest point of the floor, that's fine but if it happens to be under a bath your buggered...unless you've leveled the floor first.
To me a datum line is a level line roughly around half height of the room, not the bottom groutline...spoze thinking about it it doesn't really matter where it is on the wall but I've always thought it better off being over the bath and under a window to use it correctly...

T

Time's Ran Out

Nice picture Doug! Ruby in the snow. Still think the next one should be called Murray - then when your out on the hills calling them to heel it'll be Ruby Murray.

Back to the thread - we usually batten the first full tile up from the floor using a straight edge and something to wedge/support it, then either put the floor down and cuts down to floor tiles.

D

Dougs Third Go

Nice picture Doug! Ruby in the snow. Still think the next one should be called Murray - then when your out on the hills calling them to heel it'll be Ruby Murray.

Back to the thread - we usually batten the first full tile up from the floor using a straight edge and something to wedge/support it, then either put the floor down and cuts down to floor tiles.
wife fancies Monty for a name....I'll have to get a few more I guess, name them sigma, big clinker etc, go for the full range ha ha

H

Handyeire

After purchasing 6 rubi stands along with some other tools from tile trader i noticed a few hours later on suretile that they are selling 5meters of tiletracker along with 6 legs and a free carrier bag! Im sitting here scratching my head wether to buy both now. I know some dont rate these products but IMO at these prices, sure why not have them in the tool kit. As for the thread, ill keep you all posted on how i rate these products if i break and buy both and use them.in theory they sound great but we all know what stuff in theory goes :(

Reply to rubi batten holder or tiletracker in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen