Discuss Removing sealant from metal parts of shower doors in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

radi

Hi Folks

I am trying to remove sealant from metal shower doors without scratching the metal too much. I have used the 'No Nonsense' paste on sealant remover but still need to use blades etc to complete the removal. Some does come off with hand pressure, but I just wondered if there was another way - possibly using a plastic tool?

Any ideas will be tried.

Thanks for reading.

U

user123

There is the 'silicone eater' as Sir Ramic said but also 'sticky stuff remover', will work well on metal, it is a non-abrasive liquid, very easy to come by amongst general household shops, as well as the pound shop and similar places.

D

Derry

There is the 'silicone eater' as Sir Ramic said but also 'sticky stuff remover', will work well on metal, it is a non-abrasive liquid, very easy to come by amongst general household shops, as well as the pound shop and similar places.

^^^ either of the above with a little elbow grease!

R

radi

Hi folks,

Thanks for all your replys. I have purchased the Silicone Eater which will be used on my friend's shower. I will then try out the sticky stuff remover , WD40 and the acetone on my own shower which also requires serious attention.

I will update on my findings in due course.

Thanks again.

Reply to Removing sealant from metal parts of shower doors in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Apatel
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks