Search the forum,

Discuss Remove Grout From Internal Corners? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

StevieBoy

My mistake select your colour and how many from this page

Otto-Chemie OTTOSEAL® S100 Premium Bathroom (Internal) Silicone Sealant - Multi-Purpose sealants - Product List - Sealants Online
That's a great website John, many thanks for that.

That should clear this thread up, no need to ever grout corners again ever

Happy Days.

Last edited by a moderator:

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Haha who pulled your chain Craig!
I'm not saying u CAN'T grout ur corners!
U do what u want to!!
You're a grown up!
I'm saying u SHOULDN'T and I've given my reasons, why else would u silicone dry corners?
It's not for the fun of siliconing is it!
And I'm not gonna call the silicone police if u don't Craig, it's ok! :rolleyes:

The thread needs finding where someone askedwho grouted corners before they siliconed , i think @Bri made it, im sure it was 50/50.

No one has pulled my chain marc , hence the smily faces ;)
I just don't see the problem ,if a wall is going to move that much , silicone will not stop opening up .
I do like a friendly debate with all the elitists though, it makes my weeks sometimes :)

O

Old Mod

I do like a friendly debate with all the elitists though, it makes my weeks sometimes :)

U calling me elitist!

lol-045.gif

S

StevieBoy

Does this no grout apply between ceiling and walls or is it just in between tiles ?

Not if you use a good, flexible grout no matey. I only use BAL microflex, and haven't ever had any issues with cracks between wall and ceiling.

I

Ian

The thread needs finding where someone askedwho grouted corners before they siliconed , i think @Bri made it, im sure it was 50/50.

No one has pulled my chain marc , hence the smily faces ;)
I just don't see the problem ,if a wall is going to move that much , silicone will not stop opening up .

I don't remember doing a thread about silicone/grout in corners, I've definitely stated that I don't silicone up to ceilings skirting so or architraves. I'm like you mate, I do what I believe to be right on the job I'm on, I am a bit of a stickler for silicone only in corners but, never in my life have I siliconed to a skirting board (unless it's a tiled skirting) or used anything other than grout up to ceilings. I do silicone around window reveals and I know a lot don't.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I always run a bead of decorators caulk around ceiling so it can be painted and you get a nice sharp line around the ceiling

S

StevieBoy

I always run a bead of decorators caulk around ceiling so it can be painted and you get a nice sharp line around the ceiling
I do if the chosen grout is anything other than white.

Grey wall grout around the top going to a white ceiling somehow just doesn't look right.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Doesn't matter what colour the tile or grout is to me, always use white caulk as 99.99% of ceiling are white

Reply to Remove Grout From Internal Corners? in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen