Search the forum,

Discuss re-tiling walls plasterboard advice replace or add a backing board ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

H

hedgie

These any good? IMG_1535 (2) (800x600).jpg Lights (4) (600x800).jpg

H

hedgie

Not dot n dab - full cover with tile adhesive using 3mm square notched trowel. As the substrate was clean adhesion is good . . . . I hope - :yikes:

beanz

TF
Reaction score
Not dot n dab - full cover with tile adhesive using 3mm square notched trowel. As the substrate was clean adhesion is good . . . . I hope - :yikes:

Walls must've been good.. I'm surprised you managed to get a flat wall that way, to be honest. ;)

C

Ciscobloke01

Re: re-tiling walls plasterboard advice replace or add a backing boa

I'm looking to do the same shortly. Do I remove the tiles and adhesive fix 6mm Marmox board all over and use mechanical fixings also. Stud walls will be screwed to studs.

Is this OK for heavy travertine or do I need to remove all the plaster boards and re-board with 12mm marmox or Hardie backer ?

Reply to re-tiling walls plasterboard advice replace or add a backing board ? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen