Discuss Providing access in a tiled bath panel in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, have fitted bath across end of bathroom, with 270mm surface at each end, see photo’s attached.

Intending to tile across full length side panel, but wanting to allow access to bath waste (central) and hot and cold water feed isolators (left). Have installed panel timbers with centres matching the vertical tile joints. Have prepared Wedi board, with a centre and left section that will be cut again when I know the horizontal tile joints.

My question is how to fix and seal the two small sections in a way that supports removal for access if necessary. Wedi surface is 13mm shy of bath lip, tiles will be 10mm porcelain, 310 x 560. Added complication might be that the central tiles will be heavily textured (N&C core structured).

What would be the best approach for this? Friends have suggested magnets or silicone, but I’m hoping you guys have experience of tackling this.

Any advice or comments very welcome!

44D41623-92FC-4474-A86D-EABEA06D85FA.jpeg
6D1C929A-20C9-4DC1-8781-BB4BFD8F35AE.jpeg

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi, have fitted bath across end of bathroom, with 270mm surface at each end, see photo’s attached.

Intending to tile across full length side panel, but wanting to allow access to bath waste (central) and hot and cold water feed isolators (left). Have installed panel timbers with centres matching the vertical tile joints. Have prepared Wedi board, with a centre and left section that will be cut again when I know the horizontal tile joints.

My question is how to fix and seal the two small sections in a way that supports removal for access if necessary. Wedi surface is 13mm shy of bath lip, tiles will be 10mm porcelain, 310 x 560. Added complication might be that the central tiles will be heavily textured (N&C core structured).

What would be the best approach for this? Friends have suggested magnets or silicone, but I’m hoping you guys have experience of tackling this.

Any advice or comments very welcome!

View attachment 124807 View attachment 124808
Hi
Thanks for joining our forum.
How are you getting on with your issue?
Have you completed it yet if so do you have any pictures to show us?

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Lou, no progress yet, this will be a slow burner, lots to get my head round.
Hi when complete please show us pictures.
If you have any questions feel free to ask our members.
Always feel welcome to ask for advice.

Reply to Providing access in a tiled bath panel in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks