Search the forum,

Discuss Priming of floorboards before fixing cement boards? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

do you mean the old style floorboards Phil, as opposed to t&g chipboard flooring?

Doug, I use this method on small areas only, 9mm wpb ply screwed at 6" centres, then Hardie board 6mm glued and screwed using Keraquick with latex plus. Then tiles fixed with Keraquick with latex plus, on T&G floorboards or chipboard (providing no deflection):thumbsup:

D

doug boardley

They are 18mm T&G traditional floor boards, the area is less than 3sqm and I have screwed all the bords down in addition to the original nails.
I see your reluctance to use 28mm screws then, they'd have been fine if you had 22mm T & G:thumbsup:

M

martifee

Nice method Phil. Bombproof mate!

Kilty - Having some problems posting too. Just intermittant.

Martin

Reply to Priming of floorboards before fixing cement boards? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen