Search the forum,

Discuss Price of Ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

T

trevortine

What method are you guys fixing these 6mm backer boards, by the time a screw goes through them surely it aint grippin much?

T

trevortine

Sorry but i disagree, had this discussion years ago on another forum, sure its gripping the timber below but when screw is countersunk its holdin about 3mm of the backerboard, same goes for those who think 6mm ply is enough:yikes:

D

DHTiling

What method are you guys fixing these 6mm backer boards, by the time a screw goes through them surely it aint grippin much?

You use a flexible cement based adhesive onto your substrate then you fix the hardi 250 into that and screw it down...

Certain adhesive manufacturers like BAL etc will not guarantee their adhesives onto this BUT mapei will......use Keraquick or Keraquick with latex plus....

M

MrSpoon

Just bought a 8x4 sheet of wbp plywood from Wickes £24.99 was £15 a few months ago , disgustng increase in price, may look at backerboard alternatives now, have always use ply for overboarding floors.

i knew it!!! ive not done much floor tiling recently but i swore ply was about £15 splod but no! was flippin £25!

prob was i gave a quote including the ply etc so i was out of pocket! :oops:
lesson learned - keep up to date with prices before including them in your quote!

come to think of it tho, theres no way im forking out £25 for a sheet of 12mm ply ever again

seems i may give backerboards a go after all... plus the smaller "stepup" wil seem more appealing to costomers

i do believe i just spoke out loud to myself right there ^^ ah well, must be old age setting in :smilewinkgrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bathroomboy

Same here, was in ctd this morning, looked at the hardibacker 6m/m 1.5x.9 £9.79 + vat a sheet, thats going down next time.

Reply to Price of Ply in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, A newcomer here and thank you to anyone with the patience to read my drivel. I am...
Replies
Views
Hello, Just joined the forum and am hoping to get some advice on a project. I live in San...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen