Discuss Price for entire bathroom. Is it a reasonable price? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
Hi, i recently completely re-did an upstairs bathroom. Total I charged for all work was around £3800. Checking in to see if you think this is a reasonable price.

Job included:
-complete gutting of old bathroom, removal of bath, sink, toilet, and about 6msq of old wall tiles and overboarding this 6msq wall with backer board.
-Lifting floor boards and running new water feeds (different places) for sink, bath, shower (new), toilet &radiator, as well as drainage pipework for each of these.
-Levelling floor, overboarding, installing underfloor heating and then tiling.
-Building stud wall 1m w x 2.4m high, 20cm deep to house water feeds and shower valve for shower, including two recesses about 1 ft sq.
-tiling all walls of bathroom floor to ceiling about 22msq
-fitting all new sink, bath, shower, toilet and radiator & extractor fan.

You may ask how long it took, but its difficult to rate in time, as Im not the fastest worker & I make sure everything is perfect, so thats why rather want an idea of price for the job please?

O

Old Mod

Pricing is not usually discussed in an open forum, and members should not reply with their estimates or quotes.
Prices can, and are, dictated by many factors, one of them would geographical location. (That’s one reason members are not allowed to post in pricing threads) I see youre from the uk 😁
Yours is slightly different however, and I feel members giving an opinion on whether the figure mentioned is reasonable one or not, could be allowed.
If I’m wrong then you’ll hear about my body floating in the Thames. 🤣

Personally, I think they robbed you!

D

Dumbo

Personally I don't like these as it doesn't matter what you charged as it should of been agreed in writing before you started , also any variations should also been agreed in writing , £5 or £50000 makes no odds , I presume their is a dispute , also you have not said is that just Labour or are their materials .

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Price is the price...
As long as everything is written down and any extras agreed before work starts, then it is what it is...
If you plough on with out any written agreement in place, then you hold yourself open to all sorts of disputes when finished..

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, i recently completely re-did an upstairs bathroom. Total I charged for all work was around £3800. Checking in to see if you think this is a reasonable price.

Job included:
-complete gutting of old bathroom, removal of bath, sink, toilet, and about 6msq of old wall tiles and overboarding this 6msq wall with backer board.
-Lifting floor boards and running new water feeds (different places) for sink, bath, shower (new), toilet &radiator, as well as drainage pipework for each of these.
-Levelling floor, overboarding, installing underfloor heating and then tiling.
-Building stud wall 1m w x 2.4m high, 20cm deep to house water feeds and shower valve for shower, including two recesses about 1 ft sq.
-tiling all walls of bathroom floor to ceiling about 22msq
-fitting all new sink, bath, shower, toilet and radiator & extractor fan.

You may ask how long it took, but its difficult to rate in time, as Im not the fastest worker & I make sure everything is perfect, so thats why rather want an idea of price for the job please?
Is this for labour only ? If so I would guess 15 -19 days work making it anything from £250 - £200 a day if you completed it within this time scale then its reasonable you made wages but remember you are a business you need to make wages plus a percentage of profit to cover working expenses, and grow your business. Kop

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
Sorry for delay to answer, was away for a few days. Apologies, didnt know the rule about pricing threads.

Thanks for comments so far. No its not a problem, and yes this is for labour only ie not including materials, but no mark up made on materials, they were supplied. Still learning to price, so just trying to get an idea if I'm in the right ball park, or under or over charging.

I work on my own and took me about 40 days if counting 8 hour days. Like I said a bit slow, there were a few complications, but I'd rather do it right than fast. Price is for job.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Wow 40 days you underpriced the job for sure keep doing this and you will be out of business very quickly any pictures of the job ? Kop

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It’s not overpriced, £3800 is good money for labour only, it’s just taken far too long to install.
For full refits you should be looking at 10ish days, Wetrooms up to 15 days working on your own.
Never give materials at cost either.
[automerge]1569386246[/automerge]
Underpriced.

Still not allowed to edit :(

Bopster

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
40 days! Is that a typo?
As Boggs said, I allow up to 10 man days for a full refit on my own.
Price is fine, though you must have markup on supply items

Bathfix Bob

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I've been doing bathrooms 10 years and the first few you do are a learning curve, what ever good job you think you've done and you might have it will be 10 times better in a few years, I used to take 20 days and now got it down to a 12-15 but its everything in a room apart from cables.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
40 days....!
If you work a 5 day week that would of took you 2 month's.
Your customer must have very understanding.
You need to speed up, at present your only just earning above the living wage.
No way to run your own profitable business.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you could buy experience it would be sold out everywhere. You will get quicker with time as you learn what needs to be perfect and what can be worked round. Dont skimp on prep work even if it seems like you are going backwards, it will save time later.
Take time at the beginning of the job after the strip out to work out heights and positions of things. Even roughly set out the tiles so that boxing alcoves etc don t end up with awkward cuts

Raccus

TF
Reaction score
Ill get u guys some more pics. Here is just 1 for starters. (And it was before grouting was complete so no comments about the corner being missed ;)
And slow yes, thats why I asked about price for job because thats what counts. How long it takes is a different matter.
IMG_1114.JPG

Reply to Price for entire bathroom. Is it a reasonable price? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks