Search the forum,

Discuss Porcelain sealer from Topps Tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

STEVEROG

I need to seal my Niro Granite Regal vanilla porcelain tiles.

Topps have the following products....

(a) "Filajet" unpolished porcelain tile sealer
(b) FILA polished porcelain impregnator sealer.

Whice one (if any) are suitable for my tiles. I don't know if they are polished or not (how do I tell?)

Steve

D

david campbell

polished tiles have a smooth shiny look to them!
and will say so on the box,if they aren't polished you don't really need to seal them!

D

DHTiling

If the porcelain is not glazed then it will need sealing...

Polished / smooth / or riven can need sealing if there is no glaze...

Through bodied porcelain tiles have open pores in the surface of the tile and polishing them opens even more , so if not glazed they will benefit from a porcelain impregnator to seal these pores from holding any dirt etc and makes the maintenence of these tiles easier...

S

STEVEROG

Thanks for the input gents. I have gone for the Lithofin FZ, had to order it but hey, it seems to be the weapon of choice for the job (as per many posts on here).

Steve

Reply to Porcelain sealer from Topps Tiles? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
Hi I would like to use some indoor tiles outside on the top of my fish pond wall, the tiles I am...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am planning on tiling my concrete garage floor with porcelain tiles. The concrete was laid...
Replies
Views
Hi all I’m so glad to have stumbled upon this forum, which seems to be a treasure trove of...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen