Search the forum,

Discuss Plaster removed with adhesive in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Good morning,

I’m in the process of removing the old tiles from my bathroom wall before installing new large format porcelain tiles.

As you can see I’ve lifted most of the plaster with the old adhesive and would really appreciate some advice. From scanning the forum I’ve seen people recommend skimming with adhesive when this happens. Do you think that would work here or will it need plastered?

Also, what prep work would you recommend I should carry out prior to starting (PVA, primer etc)?

Thanks in advance guys.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    645.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    568.6 KB · Views: 11

Reply to Plaster removed with adhesive in the America Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

D
Budget renovation as I just bought the flat. Cavity brick walls, 1 external. Removed old tiles...
Replies
Views
Hi, so I’m relatively new to tiling. I’ve got a job where the walls aren’t 100% flat but not the...
Replies
Views
I started removing the tiles in my bathroom today and the majority of the plaster has come off...
Replies
Views
Tikkaaa
T
Hi, I’ve just crossed over from the plumbers forum for some tiling advice as I’m in the process...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Hoping that once again I can get some good advice on here, you were invaluable when...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen