Discuss Non Slip Shower Tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

mdr07

-
Reaction score
I will be getting some modifications done to a shower for my mother, who is elderly and disabled. I'll be getting someone to remove the shower screen and raise the shower floor level to be flush with outside. The primary focus is having a non slip surface in the shower. I've been recommended R10 and am looking at smaller tiles, such as 100mm, or up to 200mm. I've been told that the smaller tiles will offer more grout in between which can improve non slip. My main query is do you find this to be the case, that smaller tiles with grout will ofer additional non slip protection? And am I on the right track with getting R10 tiles? Thanks

Reaction score
Hi for a shower/wetroom try to go for a R11 tile, the tile you have may be fine if smaller as grout joints will offer more traction.
As it is for your mother try to go for a higher non slip rating.

All the best

mdr07

-
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. I ended up getting R11 tiles, and quite grippy ones for R11. They felt like the bare minimum we'd want. I'm amazed that tile stores happily recommend R10 tiles when asking for disabled elderly bathrooms, because some of the models they recommended would be clearly way too slippery.

Reply to Non Slip Shower Tiles in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks