Discuss Newly Screeded Conservatory Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Kevboy

TF
Reaction score
Hi, how long should a newly screeded conservatory floor be let to dry before tiling, I say 4 weeks, any comments please?

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the cool way to tell is to test the floor for water content or something like that.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
They used to say was it 6 weeks for screed, 4 for plaster, 2 for something else.

But you use moisture testing devices that the aliens dropped off around 2013 these days don't you?

I think their liaison representative for Earth is Alan @Ajax123 isnt it?

Kevboy

TF
Reaction score
I‘ll find out when I look at the job. If I use a moisture meter what's a good one to use and what measurement would be classed as dry enough to tile?

J

Just Rizzle

I only tile new screed when my moisture meter says its safe to do so what ever the make up of the floor.
mines a sovereign one, there not cheap but are accurate. best tool in my box show the client and readings they cant push me if the meter says no and if there look elseware that's up to them, belt and braces.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Just Rizzle

if theres no ufh and if the clients willing to pay for it. is to lay a liquid dpm over the screed 2 coats would be advisable with a sprinkling of silica sand over the 2nd cot of lq dpm so the addy adheres to it better.mapie do a realy good lq dpm I get it by courier from my local ctd . if you require more info on lq dpms you can go to the floor layers forum

Reply to Newly Screeded Conservatory Floor in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Wall & Floor Tiler Queensland Australia Tile Right About the role Seeking a Wall & Floor Tiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’m after a bit of advice. I’ve just removed the floor tiles in our on suite. After...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would like to know an acceptable moisture level of a floor prior to tiling. I have a newly...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I have an anhydrite screeded floor that’s been down 4mths. I now need to sand it before...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I am building my own house and now I'm ready to tile the floor downstairs. I have...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teejay