Currently reading:
new build house travertine ivory light

Discuss new build house travertine ivory light in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

J

jonnyc

just dropped in on a project i finished in october to take a few photos.
plot 1 from which photos appear below has been dressed with furniture on hire and on the market .
this way of showing off a new house is very popular now as it gives a much better impression as to what new home owner house could look like.
new owner could also just by the furniture /dressing etc and its ready to move in straight away.
highly regarded designer in area used so they could get work ongoing furnishing work even if this display not to purchasers choice.
quite clever really although quite an outlay to show off a new house i suspect.
i think this can really make he difference.
my work involved 610 x 406 travertine for hundreds of mts downstairs.
made the two sets of treads/risers /skirtings/strings and box tops from a cutting list i prepare oversized for each project and we cut and finish on site to suit.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 70
  • 011.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 67
  • 074.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 073.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 014.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 61
  • 020.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 040.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 022.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 57
  • 023.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 58
  • 027.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 59
  • 031.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 037.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 063.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 47
  • 062.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 54
J

jonnyc

beautiful stone work there, though i think you left a dust sheet on the stairs.....
well i did not quite understand this either.
i think they were trying to show that you could put carpet down as a runner if you wanted to.
a lot of developers in this end of market are torn as to whether you should have a stone staircase or timber . i guess this scenario shown shows an either or scenario

J

jonnyc

Amazing work, brilliant craftmanship :thumbsup:

The bottom step, is that curve cut from a solid piece?
the tread is cut from one piece.
then straight riser underneath.
then cut 40mm width strips height of riser. they were 30mm thick left over from cutting box tops.
fixed butted together and then polished back with various grits and filler to get good curve radius.

Reply to new build house travertine ivory light in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement