UK Tiling Forum for UK Tile Advice

Comply with UK Tiling Standards and Research Tiling on your UK Tiling Forum. The tiling community that provides free wall and floor tile fixing advice to the United Kingdom.

Discuss Natural Black-Blue Limestone-how to clean once layed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bearIT

I have just had some fantastic Natural Black-Blue Limestone. The trouble is i have washed them down with water and gave them a clean with a cloth which has made them better, but there is sand a dirt still around the edges from the washed sand etc.

I am being careful as i don't want to damage them hence joining the forum, someone has recommended Thompson's Satin Finish Limestone Sealer and other person has recommended geo fix for the joints once cleaned and sealed.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

B

bearIT

Hi Dave,

Hope you are well.

Just a progress update on my limestone slabs, i did what you said and it worked a treat, but the oil/enhancer wouldnt seal i kept getting white scal coming out of the slabs and the oil wearing off or being obsorbed so i contacted LTP and got told to leave it over the winter to let the white stuff come out and then to try again. Apparently this is a common problem when first laid, do you think me cleaning them again and oil and seal will work this time round? They have weathered well over the winter so a clean wont hurt but i want to try and seal and protect the colour and get it darker.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mark

This thread hasn't been replied to for 14 days, so replying to this one may not get a response. Post a new thread instead.

Reply to Natural Black-Blue Limestone-how to clean once layed in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Just seen Rocatex on uHeat.co.uk and thought hmmm that's a new one on me. Anybody used it yet...
Replies
Views
The growing popularity of “Thin Porcelain Tile” Now that industry professionals have coined a...
Replies
Views
Rizzle from the Portizzle
R
D
How do I drill a hole in a steel bath. Or cast iron bath. Instructions on drilling into baths...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D
S
Guys, I've got a breathable floor which I am laying limestone tiles on. It's very importnant...
Replies
Views
D
How to drill a hole in a steel bath. At 365Drills we provide either the equipment you need or...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 1779
D

Trending UK Tiling Threads

UK Tiling Forum Popular

Advertisement

Tilers Forums on FB

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside. Our UK based online tiling forum has 48,000 members and started out in 2006.