Search the forum,

Discuss Mapei primer G required? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Only if you over apply. In the short term you may find it takes a little longer to dry but when it does dry the bond will be stronger. I'm presuming you're fixing ceramics? What size are the tiles?

Rich Midge

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Then you should be all good to go. Leave it as long as you can before grouting and don't exceed the bed thickness. As @whitebeam said tubbed adhesives require air to dry so it's imperative you leave it as long as you can. Best of luck with it.

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
Appreciate your help, Rich. It's been a good 15 years since I last did any tiling but wanted to help out my mother in law as she has been through a tough time lately.

Reply to Mapei primer G required? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen