Search the forum,

Discuss laser liner laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

S

Spud

I bought a laser liner laser level 3 years ago and can honestly say i have used it less than dozen times switched it on before xmas and it is out of level does anyone know if they can be repaired? it hasnt been knocked or dropped

P

phil w

Hi Gary you will be able to get it calibrated bought a hilti second hand and got it calibrated cost £60 that was about 3yrs ago could get expensive it it needs repairing

D

DHTiling

Hi Gary, contact the laser manufacturer to seek recommended calibration comps..

How much is it out..?... most makes are + - .05mm over lnr mtr..

S

Spud

Hi Gary, contact the laser manufacturer to seek recommended calibration comps..

How much is it out..?... most makes are + - .05mm over lnr mtr..
not sure how far out it is but it is clearly obvious to the eye when comparing it to my dewalt laser i guess about 2-3mm over 1,5-2m so pretty poor it does have a tilt feature which may be interfering with the self leveling ??? I will have a look on line to see if i can get it repaired

T

The Plasterer

Here is instructions on how to Calibrate your own Laser Level from ehow website.

[h=2]Instructions[/h]

[h=3]Things you need[/h]
  • Laser level
  • Laser tripod
  • Marking pole

• Place the level on top of the tripod and position the tripod at a distance of 32 feet from the marking pole.

• Make a measurement from the tripod to the top mark on the marking pole and mark the measured point.

• Turn the tripod so that the laser is pointed at another marking point at 180 degrees from the first marked measurement.

• Move the tripod so that the laser is only 3 feet from the second marked measurement. Adjust the tripod so that the laser level is in line with the marked point.

• Turn the tripod back around to face the first marked measurement. If the laser doesn't line up perfectly with the first mark then the degree of the level needs to be adjusted until the laser lines up with the first mark. Adjust the degree that the level is displayed at by turning the knob on the side of the laser until the laser lines up with the first measured mark

Hope this helps .

K

kaharrison9

Hi Gary

I sent my old Laserline auto cross 3 to Laserlevel shop on line in London to see if they could repair it when it was damaged.

It was condemned and i bought another from them.

There are not many places that stock Laserliner but i'm sure this company can either calibrate or repair.

Shame tradetiler stopped stocking the autocross as i think it's a cracking laser.

Kev

Reply to laser liner laser level in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
The trustpilot reviews for tilers-world are excellent, but there's not a huge number of them...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen