Search the forum,

Discuss Kitchen floor prep? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wilgold

Hi guys, I'm Planning my kitchen floor and just wanted to know what prep to do b4 tiling it. It's a solid concrete floor do I need to put down ply? Or can I just prime it and thn tile? What would u pros do? Cheers

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

Hi you can prime and tile a concrete floor, but imo they are rarely flat enough. I would be tempted to use a self leveling compound. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

D

DHTiling

Hi.

You need to check the floor for Flatness.. use a straight edge or 2mtr level etc..

Lay this on the floor and move it about checking for dips and rises.. anything deeper than 3mm will need correcting and the use of an appropriate levelling compound will rectify this.

Your aim is to get the floor flat and ready to accept the choice of tile.

D

DHTiling

Why ply a concrete floor... you are just adding expansion issues to a solid floor.

Just prep and tile..:)

Reply to Kitchen floor prep? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen