Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

brian c

Mark you are a d and g merchant,thanks for ruining my night.:mad2:(only joking)

I agree with most of what you have said and it is definetly not the time to start up a business ...imo..especially if working class.

On the other hand its good for people who do have money as they can buy properties at reduced rates and sit in them before the financial crisis ends then sell them at a good profit.

D

doug boardley

Have just cracked open a can,now I think I'll put some "Smiths" on to cheer up!!:lol:

R

rossy

every time i go out get talking to someone who as just been laid off from work at first was mainly building trades but is happening in all buisnesses now not looking good...

C

Craigcapewell

in my opinion the media have made the public panic and stop buying etc, once this dies down then things will pick up again, it may take a while but eventually the houses that desperatly need to be built will be built and people will go back to spending money on their homes. these things have happened before and will keep happening now and again but it will pass. the government have said that they will put money into the economy to help it out. its worth sitting it out and things will improve.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

doug boardley

I just hope people don't press the panic button and start undercutting prices, just gotta keep steady and ride it out imo:thumbsup:

S

Saltire69

The problem with the housing market is that the builders and banks got too greedy. Selling £200k houses to people on £25k a year was asking for trouble. Works not as busy as last year but got enough good paying jobs for the next month. Just got to keep chasing them.:thumbsup:

M

mkelly

ticking over but mainly gas and plumbing work
lots of people offering cut price work round here, been asked to match some stupid prices how they make it pay i will never know.
also been asked to go to two jobs that i did not get in the first place to put work right lol guess the reply ? (like a fool i did )

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen