Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

F

Fekin

Right I've gone for small amounts, but I hardly advertise really and I had to clear my jobs I had booked when I sliced my thumb and they didn't want to wait, but now I have a couple of jobs in the pipeline, but phone isn't ringing off the hook, but as I said, I hardly advertise.

P

Perry

had my busiest year yet but i am not sure whats in store for me next year lol not sure i can vote

B

brundlefly

in 10 years of self employment this is my worst year to date, i do a lot of site work and work for interior designers both have mothballed projects, ive had lots of calls from other tilers i know asking for work but ive got very little myself

im a contractor and had 6 lads last year down to one now an hes had enough hes going taxying...its looking grim in manchester

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
business as usual for me , but i wouldnt like to be starting out as a tiler right now.. been talking to staff in some local tile shops, things are slow for them but what i noticed was the sheer volume of tile cards on the counters, and seemingly a lot of them havent a clue either according to the staff, one shop has even put up a disclaimer , not accepting any responsibility for work done from these cards.. seems everybody and their granny thinks its easy to be a self employed tiler but they are in for a fright !! hope i ve not put any new tiler on this forum off too much if your good and committed you should get there ... :thumbsup:

wayne

TF
Reaction score
im busier than i have ever been. booked up for a couple of months and more quotes to go look at. just got a young lad from college for 3 months to get his nvq so he should come in handy

M

monty

just started advertising and done a few leaflet drops....done a few estimates just waiting for the phone to ring.

T

tilefix

keeping busy with housing assosiation work at mo prob got 4 weeks left of contract private work dead have ads in all the time not many enquires kithen walls thats it.

T

TONY

SLOW AT THE MINUTE BUT I HOPE IT WILL GET BETTER LAST YEAR VERY BUSY BUT THE LAST FEW MONTHS SLOWING RIGHT DOWN:mad2:

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen