Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

im not mad busy but im busy i dont usually get work booked in advance i seem to get work at the right time if you know what i mean. im defintley not as busy as mark (graces dad)

C

charlie1

Tiling not my main income but ticking over. Not advertised any more just taking what i get. Have noticed a lot of other tilers in my area though saying business is very slow.

B

bobbin

Honestly, I am super busy at the moment, I have done 7 day weeks for nearly the last two months, I have another two large contracts starting in Sept which will run into next year, I think I am just lucky. I have a lot of friends who are in various trades and we all help each other out with contacts, by far the fastest way to advertise, and costs nothing!
Another bonus is I do both tiling and decorating and a majority of my work is a mixture of both in commercial and domestic properties. Customers like the fact that I can do both things, saves them having to look for another trades person.

B

bigneil

Subby work is dead for me at the mo, the building firms are laying people off because they can't sell their houses.. I'm surviving on my yellow pages ad and some word of mouth.

C

CLAYS TILES

as you know i'm on the lorries aswell as tiling,we supply chuckies to asda,just lately we've had drivers in the yard or made to have time off! (sorry asked politely if they want holiday) ..............................ha!
so i guess its hitting the supermarkets!

P

pro-tile

im busier than i have ever been. booked up for a couple of months and more quotes to go look at. just got a young lad from college for 3 months to get his nvq so he should come in handy

how and where do you get a lad for 3 month to get his nvq

J

John Corley

I clicked busy as ever however that is slightly misleading, I am still going to work everyday, butthe jobs are certainly smaller, and prices have gone down...:thumbsdown:

C

CWS

Was busy up until finished last job 3 weeks ago went on holiday for a week, not even a phone call since.

S

Spirit

Just finished one £30k bathroom and picked up 3 more on the back of it from impressed friends. Also have 2 more bathrooms and 2 shower rooms in the pipeline, and a kitchen and 60sm lounge in porcelain. As tiling is only a sideline to me, I anticipate a very busy time for the next few months.

A

armatile7007

We're pretty much steady at the mo but i can see it getting worse before it gets better

I

IGTiling

Busy one minute, then dead in the water the next. Early part of the year was very busy but now phone rings intermittently

F

Fred

Working in Central London at the moment, they can't give their money away, its amazing pay.

W

woodie

i've just finished 72 flats for housing association, trouble is now i've got nothing except a couple of little jobs worth a days wage.....lets hope it turns out well

B

bal

No domestic work at all , plenty of commercial but having to travel and also having to take less per meter due to more competition from tilers coming in from other sectors that have come to a stand still .Lucky i have built my client base up since i started.

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen