Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

LM Ceramics

im not mad busy but im busy i dont usually get work booked in advance i seem to get work at the right time if you know what i mean. im defintley not as busy as mark (graces dad)

C

charlie1

Tiling not my main income but ticking over. Not advertised any more just taking what i get. Have noticed a lot of other tilers in my area though saying business is very slow.

B

bobbin

Honestly, I am super busy at the moment, I have done 7 day weeks for nearly the last two months, I have another two large contracts starting in Sept which will run into next year, I think I am just lucky. I have a lot of friends who are in various trades and we all help each other out with contacts, by far the fastest way to advertise, and costs nothing!
Another bonus is I do both tiling and decorating and a majority of my work is a mixture of both in commercial and domestic properties. Customers like the fact that I can do both things, saves them having to look for another trades person.

B

bigneil

Subby work is dead for me at the mo, the building firms are laying people off because they can't sell their houses.. I'm surviving on my yellow pages ad and some word of mouth.

C

CLAYS TILES

as you know i'm on the lorries aswell as tiling,we supply chuckies to asda,just lately we've had drivers in the yard or made to have time off! (sorry asked politely if they want holiday) ..............................ha!
so i guess its hitting the supermarkets!

P

pro-tile

im busier than i have ever been. booked up for a couple of months and more quotes to go look at. just got a young lad from college for 3 months to get his nvq so he should come in handy

how and where do you get a lad for 3 month to get his nvq

J

John Corley

I clicked busy as ever however that is slightly misleading, I am still going to work everyday, butthe jobs are certainly smaller, and prices have gone down...:thumbsdown:

C

CWS

Was busy up until finished last job 3 weeks ago went on holiday for a week, not even a phone call since.

S

Spirit

Just finished one £30k bathroom and picked up 3 more on the back of it from impressed friends. Also have 2 more bathrooms and 2 shower rooms in the pipeline, and a kitchen and 60sm lounge in porcelain. As tiling is only a sideline to me, I anticipate a very busy time for the next few months.

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen