Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

G

grumpygrouter

I have to say I have a purple patch at the moment. Booked until mid september, then hols, and now, this evening an email for another job to price up.

H

hillhead

Going well here Dave,
If only i had weeks ahead instead of months! on site this morning at 8am,off it at 6.30,not nice on a saturday,at least got a damn good days work done! 3 days in house- ground floor(30m) tiled and grouted,downstairs toilet walls(half way up) and floor done,bathroom floor finished and walls started to mosaic level,ye ha.out of it by monday till kitchen goes in then walls to do.90m2 floor to do from monday(tuesday but customer doesn't know yet,lol).
The joys of tiling.:8:

S

Spud

flat out busy got another 2 jobs 2 day 160 sqm restaurant floor and a 40m sandstone floor pricing a house with 3 bathrooms and 50m flooring on thursday looking good until xmas see what happens then a lot of property developers buying up cheap properties at the moment and renovating them from what i am seeing

W

White Room

Commercial work seems to be on a roll at the moment, Domestics are on the quite side

W

White Room

The phone has gone a lot quieter, I am still getting work off the plumbers but they are doing there own tiling if it's a small job rather than pass it on, Time will tell:huh2:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Bit iffy for me at the moment. :whatchutalkingabout

Wife even mentioned getting agency work driving
reaction.gif

D

Daz

Can't complain. The phone doesn't ring as often as it used to, but I'm still booking jobs every week and having to turn some jobs away 'cos customers want their tiling done within 2 weeks?!? :mad2::furious3:

P

PAUL B OLDHAM

Hi, im new to the forum, been tiling for three years and didnt even know it existed!!
Just a few words about me, i work for myself in and around the oldham area, wall and floor tiling and fitting bathrooms, mainly conducting full re-furbs including all the tiling, plumbing, ceiling work etc.
In response to the thread ' is the slow down affecting you' damn right it is! I'm usually booked up for betwen 8 and 10 weeks at a time but at the minute i have nothing booked in at all. I've only known it to be like this directly after christmas/new year for a couple of weeks but never durng the run up to christmas, which lets face it is'nt that far off now for people wanting major works done in the house in time!

L

LM Ceramics

a quick update in preston still busy at the moment i reckon ive got at least 5 weeks work booked in. phone doesnt ring that much most of my work now comes from a local kitchen firm and a local building firm im just trying to squeeze in all the work. hope it continues.

for those who havent got any work or short of work keep ringing builders,plumbers,kitchen bathroom companies i know its quite with them but be persistant it pays off eventually

A

andleivers

Had a very busy July & August but very little in September so went on hols for a week. Have just returned and have had several enquires and a couple of big jobs booked in.

Hopefully things are picking up, the public arnt buying new houses at the moment so are spending money doing up their existing house (fingers crossed)

D

Deleted member 1779

We're trying to get our kit from online sales into retail outlets.

Have noticed the buyers of large companies have their shields up!

The pen pushers in their nice office are not going to stick their neck out in a career paid job to back a new idea. All efforts are being re doubled !

C

cornish_crofter

I'm basically booked until the end of the year. Just picked up a final payment for a job I've just done. I'm back with the same clients at the beginning of November. I've got a job starting next week.

Nothing concrete for next year yet though.

B

brian c

It has become a little quiet for me this week but just aswell as my van broke down (clutch)so took this week to advertise in the paper,do leaflet drops ,visit the tile shop,give cards out and get my van sign written,so eventful week .Got a job from the rag and one from the football team i run so its a start for next week,got 14 jobs in the pipeline just waiting for confirmation and people loosening the purse strings.:grin:

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen