Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

B

bobbin

Honestly, I am super busy at the moment, I have done 7 day weeks for nearly the last two months, I have another two large contracts starting in Sept which will run into next year, I think I am just lucky. I have a lot of friends who are in various trades and we all help each other out with contacts, by far the fastest way to advertise, and costs nothing!
Another bonus is I do both tiling and decorating and a majority of my work is a mixture of both in commercial and domestic properties. Customers like the fact that I can do both things, saves them having to look for another trades person.

H

hillhead

Going well here Dave,
If only i had weeks ahead instead of months! on site this morning at 8am,off it at 6.30,not nice on a saturday,at least got a damn good days work done! 3 days in house- ground floor(30m) tiled and grouted,downstairs toilet walls(half way up) and floor done,bathroom floor finished and walls started to mosaic level,ye ha.out of it by monday till kitchen goes in then walls to do.90m2 floor to do from monday(tuesday but customer doesn't know yet,lol).
The joys of tiling.:8:

CJ

TF
Arms
Somerset
Bit iffy for me at the moment. :whatchutalkingabout

Wife even mentioned getting agency work driving
reaction.gif

P

PAUL B OLDHAM

Hi, im new to the forum, been tiling for three years and didnt even know it existed!!
Just a few words about me, i work for myself in and around the oldham area, wall and floor tiling and fitting bathrooms, mainly conducting full re-furbs including all the tiling, plumbing, ceiling work etc.
In response to the thread ' is the slow down affecting you' damn right it is! I'm usually booked up for betwen 8 and 10 weeks at a time but at the minute i have nothing booked in at all. I've only known it to be like this directly after christmas/new year for a couple of weeks but never durng the run up to christmas, which lets face it is'nt that far off now for people wanting major works done in the house in time!

L

LM Ceramics

a quick update in preston still busy at the moment i reckon ive got at least 5 weeks work booked in. phone doesnt ring that much most of my work now comes from a local kitchen firm and a local building firm im just trying to squeeze in all the work. hope it continues.

for those who havent got any work or short of work keep ringing builders,plumbers,kitchen bathroom companies i know its quite with them but be persistant it pays off eventually

B

brian c

It has become a little quiet for me this week but just aswell as my van broke down (clutch)so took this week to advertise in the paper,do leaflet drops ,visit the tile shop,give cards out and get my van sign written,so eventful week .Got a job from the rag and one from the football team i run so its a start for next week,got 14 jobs in the pipeline just waiting for confirmation and people loosening the purse strings.:grin:

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.