Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

N

ninjatiler

To be honest i cant relie on tiling as a main income...one week £600 the next week £300 and nothing the week after that and so on...sad really but its going to get worse before it gets better..going to keep it on as a sideline doing small jobs..

O

Olz

Like Ninja, i'm only a part timer, and only just getting going really, so it's not effecting me in that respect, but, my missus works for persimmon, hasn't sold a house for 4 months, lots want to buy but cant get a mortgage, (or can get a mortgage at some ridiculous rate, so it's not affordable).

So it effects me that way because she relies largley on commission. We were supposed to move house on tuesday gone, but have had to withdraw and stay put because with her not getting any commision, and other bills going up week on week, we'd have had no money left in the pot to do anything.

On the plus side, at least now I can afford to buy the tools etc, I wanted, and maybe even a van.

N

ninjatiler

Am doing it full time oli but looking for a job at the same time am in a catch22 situation i want to tile full time but am not making it pay and thats taking the enjoyment out of it...

F

Fred

Just picked up two £750 jobs after nothing for a few weeks. seems to be picking up, lots of quotes.................

T

tysfoot

just getting back into advertising my services. not got any quotes yet though. a mate of mine might have a bathroom to do next week which would be nice cos ive not tiled for 3 month

D

Deleted member 1779

I'm neither busy or quiet (compared to last year)

I would put "the same"

IE business as usual.

O

Olz

Am doing it full time oli but looking for a job at the same time am in a catch22 situation i want to tile full time but am not making it pay and thats taking the enjoyment out of it...

Sorry mate, i misread your post,

I took it to mean that you already did it as a sideline, not that your were keeping it on as a sideline.

Best of luck in any case.

S

smurf21

The new build sector has dried up its like someone turned the tap off. but private sector is going wild at mo also housing associations and council remods all keeps wolves at bay. looking at a couple of months at the minute fingers crossed it keeps coming in.

F

Fekin

How about a "ticking over" option Dave ?, or steady, which would be between busy and quiet :thumbsup:

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen