Search the forum,

Discuss Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cornish_crofter

We're trying to get our kit from online sales into retail outlets.

Have noticed the buyers of large companies have their shields up!

The pen pushers in their nice office are not going to stick their neck out in a career paid job to back a new idea. All efforts are being re doubled !

Retailers are just going to flog safe sellers for now, they don't want to take risks.

I'll be placing my order soon though.

B

BDS

At the moment snowed under seems as everone wants new bathrooms/kitchen floors etc etc etc and another 1 of my customers wants a price to do a wet room,by no meens am i complaining cos its good to have the money coming in,dont know if its cos they cant afford to move so renovating there existing homes or what but i`m not complaining :thumbsup:

O

ohnofire

Busy as 'ell no one is moving house just doing theirs up, long live the credit crunch.

G

gizmo

mobile going beserk lately and snowed under for weeks and booked up till end of november with plenty of quotes to come in hopefully, so alls good here in York, :thumbsup:

C

Corky

The Plastering game here in SE Ireland is bad enough, I have a lot of friends outof work some for 8-10weeks).Ive been lucky enough had a few good contracts allowing me to bring on 5 lads for the last 6 months and have enough for about a month.But its a lot different to the last few years the jobs seem to come in a few days beforehand compared to a waiting list before. Mind you I would prefer to be getting enough work just to keep myself and a g.o. going Im not one for meetings,materials and whipping the lads on.plus its a ***** coming up with the wage every week while waiting for a draw every month or 2.

P

P'boro tiler

sounds like things are generally going better for most people apart from me. my phones not rung in nearly 2 months and i have a fancy add in a glossy mag and a add every night in the paper!

L

LM Ceramics

you cant say things like that one here even if though your right i think ive learned just to accept this now i can hardly talk i did a week plastering course and now advertise plastering aswell as tiling

still goin well over in preston still got plenty of work on and will be passing some on soon

W

White Room

The contacts over the many years I've been working keeps me going, I'm just lazy when it comes to marketing and all that

G

gizmo

if anyone near York and struggling for work PM me as i might be able to put some work your way, :thumbsup:

S

silver

Hi Dave
Out of curiosity ?
the busy is almost the same as the quiet
from the votes...are there any regional trends ?

P

P'boro tiler

i did the 1 week bal course. I dont mind people slating me because at the end of the day theres many tilers out there who started out with no training or experience

B

BDS

i did the 1 week bal course. I dont mind people slating me because at the end of the day theres many tilers out there who started out with no training or experience
No one will slate you on here mate but what you`ve got to appreciate is some of these guys have done this trade for donkeys years or are time served and know all the tricks/correct methods and products etc etc etc etc,and believe me i`m still learning new stuff daily even after 18 months in the trade coures are ok they teach you the basics but thats it and i know that from doing one myself,the day you stop listening/learning and taking advice from the old guys :lol::lol: only joking guys,then its time to either retire or start a new job:thumbsup:

W

White Room

The jobs you do stoneman are far bigger then a newbie would concider. Most start on the lower end of the domestic scene which you would'nt entertain

Reply to Is the slow down affecting you.?. in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen