Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Is Ditra mat Required? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

UK Pro Tiling Training
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
L

Lee McMullen

Hi,

I have a 44 sq a screed floor with UFH pipes running through.

The whole area will be tiled, do I need to fit ditra mat or should I be ok tiling straight onto the screed?

I'm thinking I might need ditra mat due to potential expansion of the screed when the hot water is running through.

Any pointers welcome!

Many thanks,
Lee

B

Blunt Tool

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi, what kind of screed is it Lee?

L

Lee McMullen

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's a sand and cement screed with fibres.

hmtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,830 33
well i'd decouple in my house but i'd be prepared to tile it without if the screed looked good . I would be giving the client the choice and recommend decoupling though.
If the screed is new is another reason to use ditra or other as capping the screed when new will slow hydration and lead to a stronger screed.

LEE MAC

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
13,488 37
Make sure the floor has been commissioned properly and strictly follow the adhesive manufacturers instructions as to turning the heat back on.

hmtiling

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reactions
4,830 33
also, we're all assuming they're not thin porcelain which I wouldn't fix without decoupling but would have to be a void free decoupler like bal rapid mat or tilemaster anti fracture mat

Reply to Is Ditra mat Required? in the Tiling over Electric Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.