Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Is Ditra mat Required? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

L

Lee McMullen

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi,

I have a 44 sq a screed floor with UFH pipes running through.

The whole area will be tiled, do I need to fit ditra mat or should I be ok tile straight onto the screed?

I'm thinking I might need ditra mat due to potential expansion of the screed when the hot water is running through.

Any pointers welcome!

Many thanks,
Lee

OP
H

hmtiling

well i'd decouple in my house but i'd be prepared to tile it without if the screed looked good . I would be giving the client the choice and recommend decoupling though.
If the screed is new is another reason to use ditra or other as capping the screed when new will slow hydration and lead to a stronger screed.

OP
L

LM

Make sure the floor has been commissioned properly and strictly follow the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ manufacturers instructions as to turning the heat back on.

OP
H

hmtiling

also, we're all assuming they're not thin porcelain which I wouldn't fix without decoupling but would have to be a void free decoupler like bal rapid mat or tilemaster anti fracture mat

Reply to Is Ditra mat Required? in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock