Search the forum,

Discuss insulation boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com.

M

mike1979

hi all I have a concrete floor to tile with electric heating and 10mm slate I have seen these boards called xp pro insulation boards I usually use the insulated tile backerboards has anyone used these boards and advise me cheers

M

mike1979

ok great so if I do the usual flexy adhesive to lay them in fit the underfloor heating fibre reinforced self leveller on top and tile away as normal it should be fine ? I always use backer boards but if these do the job the customer will save around 300 quid

J

J Sid

not should be, will be fine, just allow a bit of time to prime top and underside
like you say can be a big saving to

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
Hello Mike,

The XPS Insulation board is a great saver if you have a concrete base.

We have the options of 6,10 & 20mm boards all which need to be stuck down with a Flexible Tile Adhesive.

Our boards have a 300kpa compressive strength so there not easily damaged when tiling. The boards also have an excellent U-Value.

The boards would need to be covered in the normal way of a Flexible self levelling compound over the top.

Reply to insulation boards in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi, We are tiling our kitchen with limestone tiles - we have already done it in the hallway and...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've laid some Arditex NA over the kitchen floor area (not under cabinets. The area is...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen