Search the forum,

Discuss How to remove dried adhesive from trowel? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

D

dingabell

Hi there. I lent my trowels to someone who was doing some tiling for themselves, and they've let the adhesive dry all over them. There's no way it's going to come off by scraping it. Does anyone know if there's any product I can use to get it off? I was thinking of maybe trying the cement remover you can buy?

J

J Sid

Put them in the bin. Buy new ones. Send this person the bill. And learn a lesson, don't lend your tools to friends, they never look after them like you would.

I

Ian

A grinder will so it, I'd be getting new ones though and charging them. I very rarely lend my tools out to people, they never look after them properly.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Pin hammer, sit trowel on top ledge of skip, hit and then scrape, easier keeping them clean though to start with!!!

Tell him to buy his own next time!!!

D

Dougs Third Go

what addy is it? if it was tubbed stuff, try soaking them in hot water. If it was real addy then angle grinder.

D

dingabell

what addy is it? if it was tubbed stuff, try soaking them in hot water. If it was real addy then angle grinder.
It was proper addy, not the rubbed stuff.
Will try the acid first, then an angle grinder if that doesn't work. Looks like my friend just got himself a secondhand set of trowels for the price of some shiney new ones. :smilewinkgrin:

Reply to How to remove dried adhesive from trowel? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen