Search the forum,

Discuss How to cut fixed porcelain tiles up to door frame? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I would go so far as to say it serves you right, you got a builder to lay your tiles. Probably because he said he could do it, he's done loads before, it's easy. You should have got a tiler. Simple.

I

ian158

I would go so far as to say it serves you right, you got a builder to lay your tiles. Probably because he said he could do it, he's done loads before, it's easy. You should have got a tiler. Simple.

in thier defence the word builder covers a broad range...the client hires a builder to do the job from start to finish..relying on them to get the relevant trades to do it..or feel they are capable to do it..

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
in thier defence the word builder covers a broad range...the client hires a builder to do the job from start to finish..relying on them to get the relevant trades to do it..or feel they are capable to do it..
Sort of a fair point, but how many people come on here and say the same thing over and over, until the general public change how they get trades and what they get trades to do nothing will change. I am starting another re-do on Tuesday, this one i can get pics of. It's shocking. Done by a builder friend of the family. :yikes:

afright

TF
Reaction score
It can be done if he cuts half way thru the tile with a grinder then gently breaks away the excess that's if he's bedded them down well, but by doing this he might mark into your doorframe a multi tool will not do it and there's a chance he could damage your ufh that's why I am saying only half way thru the tile.

Last edited:

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
There are options here. Post some pictures so we can see how its laid. Shouldn't be any cabling in the doorway.

Mind you. Could always wait a little while and there is the chance tiles will come up of their own accord. Lol. I've got an bathroom floor Monday that's a failed UFH floor done by a builder.

andyb1

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Same old story builders done it, i done kitchen walls a while ago on an extension, every floor tile was loose, builder had done it TWICE!

Reply to How to cut fixed porcelain tiles up to door frame? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen