Search the forum,

Discuss How to cut fixed porcelain tiles up to door frame? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

chris.hughes23

I am always amazed with what some clients let the "builder" get away with... if anyone working with or for me did a cut like that, they would be up the road ....The difference between a pro tiler and a "builder" :thumbsdown:

yep. next time...!

B

Bradma9

i'd be more annoyed about the bodged up slither by the door frame...sorry to say but it's a typical builders tiling...

He can get hold of a fein/ multi tool the rectify his mistake but couldn't get it before he started to cut out the door frame to give a better finish!!

gamma38

TF
Reaction score
I agree with some other comments, shocking tiling, grout joints are inconsistent, that slither looks awful. Heart or not if this guy is getting paid for this quality of work he should be ashamed and you should tell him so. He will just keep on doing it otherwise....

C

chris.hughes23

OK, but short of redoing the whole floor, can the edge be trimmed straight, going right up to the door frame?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
to be honest if your happy with that finish then I would leave it as it is, cant see how he's going to cut up to the door frame without damaging it, only way to do it right is to rip up the tiles and replace them, but that could wreck the ufh....having said that, it's his problem not yours, he should have done it right in the first place or left it well alone..

C

chris.hughes23

Well no, I'm not happy with at finish. If it can be made straight, I'd live with that.

Reply to How to cut fixed porcelain tiles up to door frame? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen