Search the forum,

Discuss How to cut fixed porcelain tiles up to door frame? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

C

chris.hughes23

I'm not a tiler. Hope that's OK! We had a new kitchen, and the builder laid the porcelain tiles. After he'd finished (and we'd paid him), we saw the line by the living room door wasn't straight. He apologised, and offered to cut it straight with an angle grinder, but he can't get to the edges with it. He can't take the tiles near the door up and re-lay them because there aren't enough tiles left if he breaks any adjoining tiles (it was an end of line), and because there's electric underfloor heating near the edge. He says he'll borrow an oscillating multitool to do the edges. But as far as I can see, they won't cut porcelain tiles. Apart from leaving it as it is or getting him to take the lot up and relay it, is there any solution?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I wouldn't be going anywhere near it with a grinder if you have ufh mat, is the doorway out of square with the rest of the room..?

T

tweakyboy

What do the tiles adjoin to? If its carpet could you cover it with a wide door strip?

Reaction score
As above pic's please. Good to hear a builder excelling at tiling as per... But I'm sure it probably is do-able, with a grinder or a multi-tool with the correct blade - I'd presume the UFH cables don't go right up to the edge of the last tile in the doorway. I might be wrong though

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
As above pic's please. Good to hear a builder excelling at tiling as per... But I'm sure it probably is do-able, with a grinder or a multi-tool with the correct blade - I'd presume the UFH cables don't go right up to the edge of the last tile in the doorway. I might be wrong though

errr he said a BUILDER did it.....:lol:

Reply to How to cut fixed porcelain tiles up to door frame? in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen