Search the forum,

Discuss how do you use a washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

C

cygnet

hi i have been installing bathrooms for the last six years but i have never seen a washboy up close . could any body tell me how they work and would it make my job any easier ? Thanks:yes:

D

DHTiling

I recommend this one......:thumbsup:

Washboy

washboy2t.jpg

Made by 'Karl Dahm' Germany

If you have never used one of these, you are wasting hundreds of hours a year grouting the old fashioned way. This system has totally revolutionised grout finishing. First of all there is no more getting your hands wet and wrinkly wringing out sponges. Then there is the increased speed at which you work followed by the near perfect clean finish, even on quarry floor tiles. Not to mention the fullness of joint easily achieved. This system can pay for itself in the time saved over a couple of weeks and your customers will be impressed by the cleanness of your finish.There are plenty of washboys available but I have found this Karl Dahm washboy to be by far the best. With sealed ball bearing rollers that last for years and years and a really heavy duty galvanised metal grid to separate the sediment from the water.

If you wash the sponge out after use with clean water and store it without getting squashed when wet, it should be good for over 1000 square metres

TradeTiler.Ltd Grout Washing & Cleaning

M

monty

Yes it will make your job easier, Here's a few pics showing you how to use one from tradertilers website,

washboy-inst.jpg
Washboy

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cygnet

thanks lads you have been so helpful. i am most definatly going to give it a go :hurray:

H

hillhead

I bought one of them from dave at TT too,brilliant,
use it all the time,big floors to splashbacks,they all get the washboy.

M

medlar

would`nt be without mine now,bought mine from dave (TT) about 2 1/2 yrs ago,use it for everything

O

Olz

Whatever you do dont get the rubi one, there hopeless, it has to be full to the brim almost with water, great fun when your having to carry up and down stairs etc, the rollers are also useless, they are really poor at wringing off the water, and the wheels keep falling off :mad2:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
its funny i got the kd washboy a couple of years ago and i just cant get on with it, i know how to use it but i much prefer a good quality sponge, am i the only one that thinks this ???

Reply to how do you use a washboy in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom being refurbished. A load of things have been rushed like some loosely rollered (not...
Replies
Views
Hi my name is Mark porter I've been tiling for 30years , worked in eurodisney, hoping to get...
Replies
Views
HI Ive just completed 2 bathrooms for a customer and they have not paid me . After several...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hi This is not a specific tiling question - sorry if inappropriate. i am in a position where i...
Replies
Views
    • Friendly
Hi been a lurker for a while. I buy property and renovate to sell or rent. I do most of this...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen