Search the forum,

Discuss help with strange customer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

M

monkey68

I've been tiling for 12 years now never really had problems with customers till now!
started work on a house before xmas where we did 3 bathrooms, first two went well got paid for them in November everything great. then started the third bathroom everything great customer said he is well pleased with all 3 finished of second fix on last bathroom around 17th December and got paid on xmas eve night which I was not too happy about as need xmas shopping done. anyway , week after new year customer said he is not happy with one wall on the last bathroom I did, and said he has another tiler in to fix it (not giving me an opportunity to put the job right)now another two weeks later he wants the whole bathroom wall and floors ripped out and re-tiled by this other guy, no mention of money has been spoken about as yet, he now wants me to go in take out bathroom suite let other tiler rip off tiles and re-tile then for me to go back and fit suite, what would you guys do ???????

T

Time's Ran Out

Tell him to whistle!
Not my best bit of advice supplied on this forum and as we have only your input that he was initially happy with your work ( and he wouldn't have paid unless under duress) so not sure what you should do.
Sometimes customer relations are given too much importance. There are time served Tilers who complete great work and then struggle to get paid. Then there are Tilers who can do better jobs and find fault in all work, and at the end of the day it's down to the customer to decide if they think your work is acceptable. They did, they paid, you had a nice Christmas.
Tell them as they've brought in another tiler without your consent any guarantee you may have given is now null and void.
If you post some pictures you may find some replies that support your customer!

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yeah post pictures of the offending bathroom , can't really comment, could be nowt wrong with it could be rough as **** [emoji106]

Ajax123

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You've tiled it you've been told he is happy, you've been paid so your contract is completed.

tell him to go hang as far as I'm concerned. Especially if he has not given you any opportunity to see and rectify any issues.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You've tiled it you've been told he is happy, you've been paid so your contract is completed.

tell him to go hang as far as I'm concerned. Especially if he has not given you any opportunity to see and rectify any issues.

Some punters are just unbelievable.

Not always the case, we have all seen rough jobs which have been paid for, this could be the same or it could be a tosser of a customer ( I would say customer is a tosser but I'm just fence sitting :) )
Has monkey any pics ,

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Makes no difference the customer has to give you the opportunity to at least see what the problem is.

If he just gose ahead and gets it all ripped off and retiled then good luck to him..

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Of coarse he should of let him see it ,, but he has gotta be bloody close to a mental home to rip a perfectly good bathroom apart and pay for it all to be done again [emoji15]

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
Reaction score
Can't comment on a job without seeing it.
Widler makes a very valid point. Would be absolute bonkers to have it all ripped off again and re-done if there wasn't an apparent problem with it. But...........he paid.

Bare bones of your problem (standard if work aside) is it was tiled and finished, presented to client and was accepted because they paid you. Contract complete.

Yes, they should give you an opportunity to snag and correct any snagging. At the very least you need a site visit to see and discuss any complaint.
I'd be requesting a site visit with the other tiler present and discuss it.

Reply to help with strange customer in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

HI Ive just completed 2 bathrooms for a customer and they have not paid me . After several...
Replies
Views
L
I would like some advise. We booked a tiler for a new build with quite a lot of work to be done...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
We recently finished a bathroom renovation where the two builders who did the bathroom also did...
Replies
Views
Hi All I am after some advice please. We have a retrofit undefloor heating system ( Robbens...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen