Discuss Friends bathroom refit timescales in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Coop5

TF
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just after opinions from you guys.

I have been doing a friends bathroom refit as a favour and to also develop my experience etc.

I have done five solid days so far.

Remove old suite
Hacked walls back to brick and to old stud wall.
Reboarded walls and ceiling.
Drilled new basin waste and boxed in.
New feeds for basin, pan and bath (all hidden in walls)
Stud/partition wall with shower feed and niche
Plasterer has skimmed ceiling and walls.
Electrician fitted 3 new downlights
Painted walls and ceiling
Fitted bath
Tanked bath
Tiled 50% of walls

Left to do :
Construct bath frame and tile it.
Finish wall tiles (approx 4sqm)with boxing section and window wall.
Backer board floor and tile floor.
Grout all.
Fit shower, screen, toilet, basin and accessories.

I’m hoping another 3 days max. Does this about right in terms of days worked ? I am not a professional although I always strive for a good finish and therefore can take my time.

The whole thing has been an eye opener as I want to get it sorted as soon as possible but don’t want to burn myself out

Cheers all

Coop5

TF
Reaction score
Yes that’s what I’ve found, planning the niche took a good few hours alone.

I just wanted some average times to see how I compare. It’s only a small room but again that has caused its own issues

Q

Qwerty

Sounds like you're making decent progress but every job is different. Some need alot more prep than others, some have perfect tiles and easy layout. All depends on the job.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Each job has to be judged on time on an individual basis. Level of finish, type of tile, wall construction, first second or third floor stairs add time. Parking all these thing have to be taken in to consideration

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sounds like good progress to me.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Me and my plumber will normally take 6 to 7 days on a full refit...
If your on your own doing everything then 2 to 3 weeks wouldn't be unreasonable.

Reply to Friends bathroom refit timescales in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks